Intern or Volunteer with PHH
"I liked the non-office environment. I wasn't making coffee like I might have been at a large non-profit, I was really involved. It was great to have my ideas heard and watch them become reality." - Vanessa, PHH intern, June - July 2012
We are always eager to hear from enthusiastic students who would like to intern in our Boston-area office and community members who are interested in volunteering.
Project Have Hope is a grassroots non-profit and offers students a range of opportunities to enable skill-development while making a real difference in the lives of people in need. Interns who are able to travel to our office get an in-depth look at how our international non-profit operates. Please note: All interns will be expected to assist with a variety of tasks as needed, which will include administrative and organizational work, in addition to the duties listed below. Internship positions can be combined according to participant’s skills and interests.
- Administrative Intern - Complete data entry projects, compile Excel documents and update records. Requires excellent organizational skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Can be split between working in Malden and working remotely.
- Evaluation and Monitoring Intern - Assist staff in developing effective monitoring and evaluation systems to measure the impact of programming in the field, including the solar cooking and vocational training programs. Requires experience in a related field whether through work experience or coursework. Requires excellent organization and research skills. Meetings will be held in Malden.
- Events Intern - Sell jewelry at area markets and events. Prepare jewelry kits and orders to be sent out in Malden office. Access to a reliable vehicle is preferred but not required.
- Fundraising Intern - Conduct outreach to schools, student groups and organizations to participate in our fundraising program. Requires good communication and writing skills. Long-term interns encouraged to plan and implement a small-scale fundraiser. Can mainly be completed remotely with follow up meetings.
- Graphic Design Intern - Design marketing materials and logos for products. Assist with website design if applicable. Can be completed remotely.
- International Relations Intern - Update our website and social media outlets with relevant current events in Uganda and East Africa. Can be completed remotely.
- Marketing Intern - Research potential wholesale and retail customers and formulate targeted marketing campaigns. Market PHH products to print and online publications. Marketing experience (through work or coursework) preferred and good communication and writing skills required. Can be done remotely with follow up meetings in Malden.
- Research and Grant Writing Intern - Research
areas in which we are compiling grant applications, which may include
resettlement in Northern Uganda, domestic violence, deworming and
nutritional/breakfast programs. Assist staff with compiling data into grant
applications. Requires good research and writing skills. Can be completed
In addition to our internship program, Project Have Hope is always looking for volunteers!
We welcome all interested volunteers. We are especially in need of the following volunteer positions:
As PHH continues to brand itself and enhance our visibility, we have numerous needs for the creation of marketing pieces.
We’re looking for someone who can help expand our web presence, and maintain and develop aspects of our website.
About Volunteer and Internship Positions
We’re looking for volunteers and interns who are:
- Energetic self-starters
- Take initiative and can meet deadlines
- Creative and willing to think outside of the box
- Passionate about making a difference
These are unpaid opportunities. Applications are ongoing.
Last Updated (Wednesday, 15 August 2012 08:17)